Because I'm always striving for perfection (stop laughing), I'm going to challenge myself. Well, technically I'm always challenging myself. But this time, I'm going public. Last week or so I found a really old picture of me. So old I don't even remember taking the picture. But here's the kicker: I was wearing a two-piece bathing suit. I know!!! WTF, right?! My body looks nothing like that anymore. No, I won't post the picture. But it inspired me to do it again. Yep. I kind of like what I have going on over here. So, this summer I'm going to rock a two-piece bathing suit. Now don't get stupid thinking I'm about to be thonged out with a triangle cut top. Hell to the naw!!! I'm inspired, not bat shit crazy.
So I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing. Oh did I forget to mention I restarted my love affair with Billy Blanks? Well, I'm kind of in a threesome. I have no idea what this woman's name is, but she works my abs and keeps me satisfied. Let's call her Sandy. So Sandy, Billy, and me like working up a hot sweat keeping my body together.
The challenge? Wear a two-piece and take pics and show the pics off. Sounds simple, right? Wrong. Nothing is ever that simple. I have major issues with self image. Yeah, I know I'm hot and all that. But I'm really self-conscious about my stretch marks and skin discoloration. So the real challenge for me is going to be slathering my skin in cocoa butter. LOL. I jest. No, it'll be me overcoming what my body looks like now. I can lose the weight and tighten and tone. And the stretchmarks will fade...hopefully. But the skin discoloration is there so I need to accept it.
So where will I go in this fabulous suit? I have no idea. But I do want to go white water rafting this summer. Not exactly bathing suit wear (kind of ), but it is something on my agenda this summer. Actually, my bestfriend and I are planning a trip to Vegas to celebrate our wonderful 10 years of friendship. And another friend and I are planning to take a trip together too. So I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to work it out. My goal is lose about 30-40 lbs. The divorce reeked havoc on my waistline. I lost a lot of weight initially and then gained and then lost and then gained. So I've been working the past month or so to get it together. So here I go. The fatassness will be no more. Plus, having a reason to drop it will help my motivation.
Monday, January 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment