Thursday, December 16, 2010

Outtakes From A Christmas Card

This week I tried to get the boys together so we could go take photos for our Christmas card. It just wasn't happening. I was tired. They were tired. I wanted a nap and a sandwich. They wanted to eat candy canes and watch a movie. So needless to say, taking them to the mall wouldn't have been a good idea. So what did I decide to do? Take pictures at home of course!

This year we have a super cool tree. Somehow all of ornaments got lost or thrown away, who knows/who cares. So I had to buy all new ones. The boys and I got super colorful and had a lot of fun picking out ornaments. Which turned out to be the perfect background for our photos. Here are some silly outtakes.

I really don't know how photographers (the good ones) actually do it. I was worn out just trying to prop my camera up against rolls of Charmin. Okay, I'm lying, it was really Scott's tissue. But does it really matter? They're both soft and get the job done. But back on topic. So since I don't have a tripod, (actually, I do. I was just too lazy to go into the garage and get it), I had to prop my camera up on the coffee table. Which needless to say, the boys thought it was hilarious. The hardest part was getting everyone to fit in the picture. Somehow, we all kept getting cut out of the photos.

And, then of course, getting people to SMILE was also a pain the ass. For some reason, Patrick was just like "F U Mom, I am NOT smiling". Calm down, he didn't actually say that. But that was the vibe I was getting, lol. So I just gave up on that because I'm not one of those people who just have to have a smiling kid in the picture. Shoot, just everybody knows how Patrick is. So to see him all googly eyed smiling would be a little out of character for him, lol.


Like I said, getting everyone in the picture was a huge problem. In most of the pictures, Patrick is David Ruffin and Cameron, Sean, and me are The Temptations. Or in modern times, we're Destiny's Child and Patrick is Beyonce, lol. And, yes, he was singing "jangle lells, jangle lells, jang jang jang" into the hairbrush.

So I ended up turning one of the toilet paper rolls on its side, and balancing it with two crayons (one in front and one behind it) and then setting a book on top of it to place the camera on. LOL! Who says the game Jenga doesn't teach you anything? There are a lot more photos, but I'm getting tired which is not a good thing cause I need to go buy birthday gifts for Cameron and do a bunch of other stuff I don't want to do like get my brakes fixed. So here's the super finale photo that I finally got that was a really good shot. Still don't know how professionals do it. Hats off to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment