Thursday, December 16, 2010

2010 Has Sucked Monkey Balls

Yes, I do realize there are still X amount of days left. And, yes I did just put an "X" because I'm just too lazy to do the math right now, lol. But still, it has sucked monkey balls minus the good days like my boys' birthdays and the first day of school for me and them. So there have been so many shitty moments with some good days sprinkled in. I don't really want to get into all of it, but I am now a single mom still living in Texas. No, I'm not sorry for the divorce. I tried, he didn't. Now karma is smacking his ass around. (Thank you Karma)

So it's just me and the boys and we're okay. It's been a tough year. I lost my dad in Feb and I miss him so very much. I lost my home in March thanks to the damn guy we were renting from not paying his damn mortgage. Jerk. But thankfully, the bank worked with us and we didn't have to move until the school year ended. And, I almost lost Cameron over the summer. It has just been a really rough year. But, I'm resilient and I'm bouncing back. Even if I am a little more meaner. But, hey it's all about growth right?

So that's all the bad news. The good news? I went back to school this year. Yep, graduating May 2012 or if I'm really focused Dec 2011. Sweet. I am so very proud of myself. I'm kicking ass at school. I've also put myself on a plan to buy a home in 2013. So I have just about 2 years to start making stuff happen. I've resigned myself to pretty much staying here in Texas since I'm pretty much established. It's cool. Cause when the last one leaves the house, I'm going to be on the road traveling all the time. So I'll be here, unless some super fabulous job snatches me up and whisks me away. *crossed fingers* But the absolute best news of all is I still have my Cameron. I love all of my boys. They keep me grounded and they keep me lifted. The thought of losing Cameron this summer still breaks me down to my very core. I couldn't imagine my life without any one of my boys. But this summer I did have to imagine it and it was utterly painful and heart wrenching. And I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Thankfully, I don't have any enemies....wait, that's not true. But still, you get the idea.

So 2011 has to be much better, right? Cause if it's not, I'm just going to have to put on my big girl panties and steel toe boots and kick the shit out of it. ;^)

2 comments:

  1. What?! See, you're going to have to do a 'behind the scenes' type of post because I just can't imagine all of this happening?! Why? When? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"m with you. This hasn't been the best of years but I pray it's paving the way for an amazing 2011

    ReplyDelete