
Today, final grades for Fall 2010 semester were published.
Public Speaking I: A
Business Computers Information Systems: A
US History I: A
American Government I: C
Whoop whoop!!! So proud of myself for finishing strong! Okay, well I'm not too excited about the C, but dammit I earned that C and I'm damn proud of it. This semester was quite an experience. I went through a LOT. The hardest thing was trying to balance being a single mom, working, and meeting my own personal needs. I don't have all of it down, but I've gotten a lot better.
I learned that cooking meals at the beginning of the week and labeling them saves time. I also learned that sometimes a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with some fruit is a sufficient meal. I learned its okay to let the house be dirty (well, not super dirty because the clean freak in me would have a seizure) during mid-terms and finals. It's also okay to play a little hooky to sleep and take your kids to the park. I learned that voice recorders are the difference between doing well and doing GREAT (thanks Jeff for schooling me). I also learned, maybe the most important lesson, its okay to cry when you're frustrated and need a break.
What a semester. I survived it. My boys survived it. I'm proud of me. My boys are proud of me. And Team Makita* is proud of me. Can't wait for Spring 2011 semester!
*Registration for Team Makita is still open. Requirements: being positive and helping her to shake them haters off
Awesome grade report! Yeah, I wish we all had the energy to work, cook, clean, etc all the time, but alas it's just not the case. Glad things are working out for you! :)
ReplyDeleteEven though I do not know you, I am very happy to see a single working mom do so well. Keep your head up during the hard times and good luck, but with grades like that I do not think you will need it. Those grades are awesome
ReplyDelete