Every person in my household under the age of 18 is in trouble. The whole crew is grounded. No TV, no phone, no music, no books, no toys, no video games. Nothing. And I hate it as much as they do. I hate being the bad guy and always having to put my foot down. I know it's for the best. But that doesn't mean I have to feel good about it.
My oldest son lost his mind and decided to go in MY room and get his cell phone and use it after I took it from him last night and told him he was not to use it until I gave it back. He done lost his damn mind over this little girl he keeps texting. Well, now I've put a quick stop to that by going over to her house. Yes, I did! And talking with her mother and showing her mother the kind of stuff she's been sending my son. She's ELEVEN YEARS OLD!!! I am a grown ass thirty-one year old woman and I for damn sure wouldn't even fix my lips to say some of the mess she's spitting out at her age. This can't be life! Of course, my son now hates me. Yadda, yadda, yadda tell me something I don't know little boy. And her mother was giving her an earful when we left. Now, look, I know preteens are going to want to hold him and call themselves dating, hell I even did it. But no ma'am! No sir! I already told y'all I'm not about that 35 year old grandma life. That is not about to happen. The bottom line is he is TOO YOUNG to be thinking about a girlfriend. He needs to focus on transitioning into 6th grade and middle school. Cause if I'm keeping it one hundred, he's struggling. It doesn't help that he's got several learning disabilities and I'm starting to think he might be dyslexic as well. And, I know none of that isn't important to him. He wants to be cool. He wants to get girls. But what he's going to get is an education. End of story. He can be cool when he's a college graduate. He can get girls when he's supporting himself in his own house. *sigh*
Now, my middle son. Lawd! I thought I was golden with this one. Quiet, reads all the time, eats all his dinner, and helps clean up nightly. Welp, I was wrong. This child has not been turning in his math or reading homework since August 27th. School started on the 26th! A whole month. A whole damn month this child has turned in little to no homework. This can't be life! Despite the fact that I check his homework with him nightly and see him put it in his backpack every single day, he has not been turning it in! Where they do that at?! And why?! I swear if it's not one thing it's another. At least I'm still the only girl he wants in his life and he's got his mind on them books and off them girls.
Don't even get me started on my youngest son! Lawd, have mercy upon my soul! When my mama cursed me with "I hope you have one just like you ten times worse", she cursed me good. This child is destroying me. Every single day it's something new from attitude to tantrums to wilding out like he has no home training. I just can't! This can't be life! I honestly can't for the life of me figure out why he's acting like Rosemary's baby instead of my child who was so excited to go to Kindergarten he couldn't sleep. Where did that child go?! Cause this one who sleeps on those Spiderman sheets cannot be my baby! He just can't be.
And here we are Friday night with two of the three doing homework they haven't been doing or redoing tests they failed and the last one sitting in his room quietly staring out the window. You know what should be happening right now? We should be getting a knock on the door for a pizza delivery and getting ready to queue up a movie for pizza and movie night. We should be putting on our jammies and brushing our teeth before we spoil ourselves with popcorn and candy. But noooooooo, I've got to be strict and stick to my guns and make sure missed assignments get done and be a fun killer.
Yay...
Friday, October 3, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Parenthood can suck it sometimes.
ReplyDeleteIt sure can.
Delete