So imagine my surprise this afternoon when I came home to find my oldest son grinning ear to ear. The kid who has been in a shitty mood for weeks..yeah, THAT kid! This post is brought to you by the letter H and the letters T and A for hormones and teenage angst. So anyway, this kid just has this huge kool-aid smile all over his face. He's glowing! He'd taken out the trash, cleaned his room, and taken out the chicken from the freezer to defrost. What could have gotten into my baby? Had I been spared teenage angst? Had the hormones left him and turned him back into my sweet boy?
Nope. He was texting. A girl!!! Um what?! First, let's move past the fact that his phone is NOT for him to be texting his friends all willy nilly. And he damn sure shouldn't be texting any girls! Not in THIS house! No sir! No ma'am! I'm 31 years old and I have no plans whatsoever to be anybody's grandma before I turned 50. Real talk! I am not about that 35 year old grandma life!
Now yes, I know I'm jumping the gun and already got this child making babies off of a few texts. I know, I'm paranoid. But let's back up to these texts. No they weren't sexual or inappropriate. They were actually quite sweet, but I'm not about that right now. Anyway, he knows he's not allowed to have a girlfriend or go out on dates.
Now get this...this child asked this little girl out on date to the school dance next Friday night! Where they do that at?! Please believe I was on that Tamar Braxton level when I read that mess!
NO SIR!!! You are NOT taking Little Miss Sunshine to the school dance and you damn sure ain't fixed to have her as a girlfriend either!
Although, I did have an inkling of a heart and ask his dad if he could take his son to the dance since I'm out of town next Friday to start my vacation. Because besides the fact he didn't ask one of us first OR even ask if he could go AND he wasn't supposed to be texting to begin with--I didn't want to embarrass him. I know it had to have taken a lot of courage for him to ask her, especially since he's introverted and a bit shy. And, he called her and asked her over the phone instead of texting her. He told her he had something important to ask her and asked if he could call. (Awww, I'm raising him right)
Anyway, the dance is actually on the 17th. Which means he has 16 days to convince me why I should let him go. Alone. Or wait a minute! Since I'll be back in town that night, who says I can't put on my dancing shoes and go too? Who wouldn't me on their arm as a date?! I look damn good and I'm a great dancer!
Thursday, October 2, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment