Sunday, October 5, 2014

Either My Oldest is Evil or I'm She Hulk...



 

So this morning my oldest son and I did The Color Run. Actually, he ran it and I walked it with my person Gwen. Gwen was working with a recovering ankle and I was working with a busted uterus (I'll explain another day) so we walked it and talked and just had a good time. Since Cameron wanted to run it (he runs track during the Summer for the city), he clearly finished ahead of us. So imagine my surprise when he met us towards the finish line.

I thought "oh look at my sweet boy coming back to finish with his Mama"...

I was wrong! This boy came back so he could douse me with a shit ton of green color. Now yes, I know the whole point of the run is for me to get drenched in color but who drenches their Mama?! I'll tell you who! My oldest son! Little monster covered my entire back with green powder! So much so that I spent 30 minutes in the shower trying to get back to my natural skin tone. But nooooo I'm stuck with this damn green color. I look like I'm fixed to Hulk out any moment now. Not to mention, the driver seat inside Bea (my car) is green, blue, pink, and purple...yay for forgetting to bring a towel.

You know what though? I had a great time. Cameron and I got up early for first breakfast (you runners know what I mean) and got to have a nice talk about girls, school, expectations. And, I got to cleanse my soul by talking with my person (you Grey's Anatomy fans know what I mean). And now that we're about to enjoy second breakfast, I have another moment to bond with my boy.

One really cool thing that happened is that I ran into Ona (forgive me if I butchered your name) at the race and that reminded me that if I wanted to stay apart of BGR! (Black Girls Run!) I need to keep my Facebook account because it's how we communicate. I thought about creating another account, but I'm too lazy for all that. And since FB wouldn't let me delete my account, I'll keep it so I can keep up with BGR! The group has truly been a lifesaver and kept my interest with running up. So sorry folks, don't get excited and expect to see activity on my account. Nope, still no interest in maintaining a personal FB account.








No comments:

Post a Comment