Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Struggle is Real...REAL First World Problems!

So today, I remembered that I needed to update my iPod and my phone so I could have the music I've been practicing to on the trip with me. Oh, did I forget to mention I've moved over from Salsa and Bachata dancing over to West Coast Swing and Meringue? Oh well then, let me inform you now. Though I'm primarily doing WCS. Anyway, this reminded me that I hadn't yet downloaded iTunes onto my new computer. Yep, got rid of my 1993 beast of a computer and upgraded to one built this decade.

So I go to download it and once I did, I decided to use the feature that allows you to download all of the music you've purchased before. Now look, I'm real about mine. Yes, I have downloaded some stuff on the low, but I'm also a firm believer in supporting artists you enjoy. I believe in this so much that I've spent the better part of a day downloading over 5000 songs I've purchased over the years. That's just music I purchased! That doesn't include the CDs I've uploaded or the songs I've added to my library. I honestly don't even have the heart to add those songs to my new computer because I'm looking at close to 15,000 songs. Lawd!!!! That's a LOT of music!

Most of the music can be attributed to my ex who liked to fancy himself a DJ in his spare time. Times like this I miss him because he was the one who had the patience to go through my music collection and upload all of my CDs and ill gotten songs and add them to the library. I wonder if he'd do it now if I ask nicely...nah, I'm good.

So here I sit...I'm lying. I actually just took a break from dancing to write this blog post, lol. Anyway, I started this chore during my lunch break today I've barely broken even on the songs I still need to download.

You know what, maybe I should have only downloaded the songs I planned to add to my iPod...le sigh. First world problems

No comments:

Post a Comment