Wednesday, October 8, 2014

So Much To Do, So Little Time

In a few days, I'm leaving for a retreat and I swear the packing is driving me crazy. I'm trying to pack light, but man is that hard! Even knowing that their is a washer and dryer at the house isn't helping. I'm so excited for a real Fall that I want to pack ALL my sweaters and ALL my boots. I've managed to narrow it down and remove a lot of things from my suitcase, but the whole experience just made me think of how there is always something to do and never enough time.

For instance, I still need to clean the bathrooms, kitchens, empty the house of all trash, clean out the fridge, pack the boys up for their dad's house, double check meds, finalize everything at work, make sure my emergency contacts have my info, notify my bank and apartment complex, update my iPod to make sure I have my running mix, travel mix, alone time mix, and happy mood mix, AND I still need to choose the books I want to take with me. (Right now, I'm thinking Oprah's What I KNow for Sure, Clash of Kings, and Son of a Gun, oh and the latest edition of O Magazine. Seriously, it's a lot of work, but I know I'll get it done. And whatever I don't get done...well, it'll be okay.

But all of that got me to thinking of how there is never what seems to be enough time in a day. Time is incredibly important to me. I've spent so much of my life wasting it. And by wasting it I mean not fully using it. I spent so much time being inactive, following a pattern that I was not an active participant in my life. I was alive, but I wasn't living. Time, to me, is the most expensive thing you can spend that can't be refunded. This is one of the main reasons why I dislike being late and people who have no regard for other people's time.


No comments:

Post a Comment