So one of the things you may not know about me is how much I love reading. Pfft!! Everyone knows how much I love to read. I love books!!! Seriously, I love books more than I love people. Well, maybe not more than my children...depending on the day. In any case, I have such incredible news to share. I've been offered a book reviewer position. It's not a paid position, but come on you already KNOW I don't need it to be a paid position. Paying me in books is EVERYTHING!!!
When I got the email today I thought I was going to jump out of my skin. When I say I love reading, I fucking LOVE reading. So much that I travel books. (Yes, I know. I still owe y'all a blog post on Book Con 2015). Next year, I'm heading to Chicago for Book Con 2016 and plan to visit at least 3 libraries in other states. This year I've already hit up two branches of the New York Public Library and plan to find one while visiting New Hampshire in October. I visit my own local library and the Half Priced Books near my house so often, I'm a first name basis with everyone.
The gig starts today. I've already downloaded the book. Yes, stop clutching your pearls. The first book I'm reviewing is in e-book format. Normally, I only review ARCs (advanced reader copies) that are still going through edits. These I don't write reviews that will be for public consumption, instead they are for the editor, publisher, and of course the writer. Since I'm now reviewing ARCs and current books recently published, I've decided to get the CPB (currently published books) in e-book format so that my head doesn't explode. And, so I can still have a place to sleep at night. My room is so full of books --my to be read pile is at 48-- that I can't possibly house anymore until I get a new bookshelf or a smaller bed.
Yay, I'm so excited y'all!!! First review coming soon :)
Friday, August 14, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment