I finally did it! I FINALLY went Salsa dancing! I usually ONLY Salsa dance at my dance school where I feel safe. And by safe, I mean I don't have to worry about someone dancing more than what I know. Well, actually that does happen since most of the classes I take are mixed with beginners and intermediates. Which is great because I get to learn some new stuff and help out newbies with beginner stuff. But I've always been afraid to step out on the town and go dancing. I didn't want to run into someone who belongs on Dancing With the Stars and get embarrassed because I'm going forward while they're moving back. But this:
 |
| Yeah, ALL of this! |
|
|
|
Yeah, they weren't ready for ALL of this! Man, those men straight up paused when they got a look at me! I was killing it in that dress and those shoes! But the real surprise is
I wasn't ready!! No ma'am I wasn't! I haven't worn this dress in three years! Since I've last worn this dress, I've moved to a new city, dropped my ex-husband like the bad habit he was, changed jobs twice, and started making single parenting work for me. I was prepared to break out some spanx and tuck and push everything into place, but NOPE I didn't have tuck/shove/push/pull nothing. My body was ready for this dress. I look DAMN GOOD, if I do say so myself. (see the last post for what the dress looked like when I wore it 3 years ago)
You know what this dress did? It motivated me to keep on with my journey of changing my lifestyle. And yes, all the positive attention I got from the men helped too. But truly, this tells me I'm doing something right. There are days where I want to do nothing, but eat a swimming pool full of mashed potatoes. With butter. And cheese. And bacon pieces (not bits, bacon pieces dammit!). I just want to swim in a pool of mashed potatoes. I miss potatoes! I miss potatoes like Dwayne missed Whitley. Like Ross missed Rachel. Like Jim missed Pam. Yes lawd, I'm saying I wanted to spend the rest of my life with potatoes. But I know that my fantasy is not a healthy one. So I'm scaling back on carbs. And until I can gain the control over my "need" for them, I'm not even going to tempt myself with just a little taste. Cause I'm not stupid. I know one quick taste will turn into me eating the entire pot and my kids looking at me like I've lost my damn mind.
So anyway, back to me and my banging body. Yes! THIS is what I want. I want the healthier lifestyle and all the benefits that come along with it. Like ALL of THAT above :)
Nice dress, I look terrible in dresses. Then again, I'm not supposed to look good in them. Congrats on getting out there though. You rock as far as I'm concerned.
ReplyDelete