Monday, February 17, 2014

Life is Good

It's true, I can't deny it. Things just seem to have been truly happening for me lately. And, I truly believe with all my heart it's because I decided to make the move towards embracing life. By embracing life, I mean I gave up the negativity. I stopped focusing so much on the little things going wrong in my life and starting focusing that energy on everything that is going right. I woke up one day and sat with the silence. One of my besties loves to say "there is too much truth in silence and some people can't handle what they hear". She is SO right. I sat in my silence and just listened. I listened to all the negativity that was sucking the life out of me and deciding right then and there I was sick of that shit.

No more would I spend weekends alone, cooped up in the house. No more would I waste hours of my life arguing with my ex husband about his responsibilities to our children. No more would I let work drag me down and drain me so I couldn't enjoy my children. No more would I left my emotions make me turn towards food. No ma'am! No sir! I'm threw with that shit.

I made a pledge to myself to be more active. So I started taking dance classes and spending more time with friends. I even started back to volunteering and mentoring. I told myself to simply let my ex husband argue with himself. When he says slick shit or tries to pull a fast one, I simply ignore him. Though there are a few random times when I do give him good taste of sarcasm served with a side helping of STFU. But those moments have become far and few between. I simply focus on the boys now. I promised myself I would not be up until midnight working anymore. At 5pm, I shut down at the office and I stay shut down until 8am the next day. And don't let it be a Friday! Cause sir you will get the "I'm currently out of the office and I will return your call/respond to your email when I return." Lastly, I exposed Otis Spunkmeyer for who he really is. A delicious muffin that hates me! Him and his homegirl Little Debbie ain't got no love for me. So I ain't got no love for them. Nope! And I kicked their cousin Coca-Cola to the curb too.

I've got a new attitude!





Somehow the wires uncrossed, the tables were turned
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn
I'm feelin' good from my head to my shoes
Know where I'm goin' and I know what to do
I tidied up my point of view

Yes ma'am!!!! Yes sir!!!! I am enjoying life!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment