Saturday, February 8, 2014

Normally, This Would Have Been a Rough Week

I've got nothing new to report on how my lifestyle change. I'm still doing good, though I won't lie and will tell you that on Friday I inhaled a small bag of french fries from McDonald. And when I say inhaled, I mean inhaled. I'm 110% sure there was no chewing. It's all the school district's fault. They canceled school on Friday so the boys were home with me until I could get them to their dad's house. That's cool, I like having the boys home. Anyway, what had happened was the boys asked if they could have McDonald's for lunch. I wanted to say no, but everyone came home with great progress reports and the youngest decided to up his reading skills so how could I say no? So on the way to their dad's house I stopped at McDonald's. Well, you know how McDonald's does the apple slices and the french fries in Happy Meals now (yes, because fried potatoes slathered in ketchup are totally canceled out by apple slices)? Well, what had happened was I was just trying to make it to their daddy's house so that I could get them settled and those fries out of my car. I even rolled down the window (it was maybe in the 30s at the time, keep in mind I am delicate when it comes to the cold) and had my face turned out towards the window. I thought I was okay, but then that damn light took forever and a day to turn green. And in the span of waiting for the light to change, I lost my mind and went batshit crazy on my youngest son's french fries. No worries, he doesn't like potatoes at all. Yes, yes I know. Something must be off with that kid. How can you NOT like potatoes? No worries, I got a DNA test to confirm I AM the Mama because yes, I too was worried if he was my kid after I found out that little tidbit about him. So yes, I inhaled that child's fries. By the time I finished, we were at his dad's house. Ain't that some shit?!

So anyway, that's it on the healthy eating changes for the week. I've actually been really busy at work. I'm usually always busy, but by busy I mean still have time for FB. But, there have been a lot of changes at work lately. So I didn't even have time to FB during the work day on several occasions.  I have a new manager and a new desk that is NOT by the window anymore. Even though I told my boss I have a severe vitamin D deficiency and need as much sunlight as possible. Though I also really wanted that desk so I could catch a giggle anytime one of the girls at Sonic's tripped up and kissed the sidewalk or some fool driving 190mph got pulled over by the cop who is always at that same overpass and has been since the dawn of time. So anyway, I gained some new accounts too so I've been having to spread my awesomeness around to the new people. It's just been really crazy.

Normally, this would have been a rough week with all the changes at work and all of the changes I'm making in my personal life regarding my boys. Since I'm still working on the legal stuff, I'm not going to elaborate on that aspect. Just know changes are coming for the positive. So anyway, I've been so busy I didn't even go to salsa class this week. Say what?! Yep. I'm also dealing with a bruised left foot. Well, it was bruised. It's healed up now. I'm planning to go on Sunday, but we'll see. I can't remember if I told the baby sitter if I needed her or not. Thankfully, the oldest doesn't have a basketball game today.

Anyway, I made it through the week still sane and unscathed. But those fries didn't. I'll pour out a little ketchup for them...

No comments:

Post a Comment