But enough about that, let me get back to my baby. Y'all, I truly just cannot tell you how proud I am. In this day and age where violence is touching every level of the school systems from Kindergarten to Graduate studies, I cannot help but be thankful for students like my son who help STOP violence before it can even happen. I grew up with the sentiment of "snitches get stitches" and I've had that talk with my boys. I always tell that that no matter what, always do what you feel in your heart to be the right thing. Even if it is unpopular because at the end of the day YOU are the one who has to live with that decision. And to NEVER be afraid to speak up. In fact, in our family room I have this quote framed:
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself. -Harvey Fierstein
I am so thankful to have children who actually LISTEN to me and aren't just hearing me. It makes me feel like I am actually doing something right. Parenting is HARD! It ain't all Cosby Show and Malcolm in the Middle. Nope. There are lots of tears, sleepless nights, and heart pounding moments. And that's just on MY end. I truly just cannot tell you how proud I am of my son. I truly am.
![]() |
| My brave boy |
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/harveyfier101058.html#XpVuh7OobJTGhzH9.99Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/harveyfier101058.html#XpVuh7OobJTGhzH9.99“Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself.”

No comments:
Post a Comment