I swear this has been one of the funniest/weirdest work days of my life. I can't help but chuckle as I recall all of it. At my third stop of the day, which happens to be a Kroger's grocery store, I was happily minding my own business and restocking the aisle when this elderly lady bumped into me. I moved over a little bit and went back to business. She did it again. The funny thing is she looked completely unaware that she was doing it. The third time she bumped me I said "Ma'am, can I help you find something?" She looked at me, blushed, and then said "I'm sorry. I'm a little drunk." And then just walked off. I laughed so hard tears started streaming down my face. Micheal, one of the beer guys, asked what was so funny so I told him. He too started laughing and said "yeah, that lady smelled like she'd been drinking since sun up". It was barely two o'clock! Seriously, that was just crazy. After I finished my aisle, I did go seek her out to make sure she was with someone and not alone. Thankfully, she was. I think she was with her son.
The whole incident made me think of Gladys. Ya'll know who Gladys is, right? Aside from me, she's about the funniest thing I've ever seen on the Ellen show. Gladys is the business. She loves Jesus, but she also likes to drink a little. If you haven't seen the video, I highly recommend you do. Just Google the Ellen show and Gladys. Okay, okay...I'll post it here cause I know some of you are lazy and don't want to do the extra work. Gladys is the business!
So the next crazy thing to happen to me today was this asshole who said to me "While you're down there, say a prayer for me too." I was on my knees working the bottom shelves and he just came out of nowhere and said that. I ignored him completely and was proud of myself for not faltering in my routine. I managed to keep working as if I hadn't heard a word. Now, normally I just shrug off comments like this or laugh along with them. But this guy had a nasty sneer to his voice that made me so uncomfortable. So it made me feel a lot better when he realized after standing there for about 2 minutes that I wasn't going to respond to him. I could tell I took the wind out of his sails and made him feel like an idiot. Yeah me!
What a day, lol!
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment