Sunday, January 26, 2014

Cereal is of The Devil

Ugh. I let the boys talk me into Chocolate Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal yesterday when we were at the grocery store. They are so supportive and don't complain about the changes I made to our meals that I figured why not. After all, the ice cream didn't bother me. Cause you know, I've got my apple slices and peanut butter with just a dash of cinnamon on top. Tomato, tomahta. Right? Nope. I fixed them cereal this morning and OMG my  breakfast looks disgusting in comparison. I made myself a delicious omelet with tomatoes, peppers, cheese, and turkey. It looked good in my head and in truth, it is delicious. But, not compared to this cereal. I want to lay on top of the table and just pour cereal and milk down my throat. It smells so good. Come on! CHOCOLATE CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH?! I dreamed of that combination when I was kid. Hell, my mom used to get mad at me because I'd pour chocolate sauce over my cereal when I was the boys age and sit happily in front of the TV with a big ass bowl of it. I want to appease myself with just a tinny little bowl of cereal, but I know I'm lying to myself. One little bowl will turn into just a little more. Come on, Makita, just one more bowl. You're good. You're sweating it out. You're doing the damn thing. Come on girl, don't deprive yourself...Fuck all that. I already know how this is going to end. I'm going to have one bowl and the next thing I know I'm going to be in a damn diabetic coma. Okay, maybe not exactly like that. But I have a serious problem when it comes to chocolate. My problem is there is chocolate in the house and the problem won't be solved until it has all be devoured. Why the hell did I buy this damn cereal?! Oh, that's right. I want to let my kids have random memories growing up like I did of sitting in front of the TV watching cartoons eating a big ass bowl of crack cereal.

Today is going to be a LONG day.

No comments:

Post a Comment