Monday, April 30, 2012

Walking from Virginia Beach to San Diego! Have I Lost My Mind?

So remember last week or the week before where I said I was going to walk every day? Well, I've been doing it. Either by walking to Wal-greens or Wal-mart. Or jumping on the treadmill. Apparently, that gave me a big head. Yep. Cause now I'm pretty sure I've either lost my mind or I'm just plain bat shit crazy. Wait, isn't that the same thing? Nah. Losing my mind is normal kind of crazy. And bat shit crazy is Michelle Bachmann crazy. And I don't think I'm quite Michelle Bachmann crazy.

So anyway, I was browsing one of the messageboards I frequent and saw a challenge that asks one to challenge their self by logging the exact number of miles either through walking/biking/running/etc that equals the distance of Virginia Beach to San Diego. 2,740 miles. I was intrigued and inspired. I love challenges! Especially when the challenge gives me some kind of glory. I can't remember what or if there is a prize for hitting the miles, but dammit I want the bragging rights! I want to be at the club (ha!) and casually drop that into a conversation. "Oh me? Well, I walked the exact number of miles it would take to get to San Diego from Virginia Beach." To then which said people I was talking to would all stop what their doing to admire me.

The challenge runs from May 1st to Dec 31st, midnight. That is 245 days to walk 2,740 miles. That's just over 11 miles a day. 11 miles. 11 MILES!!!! Do you hear me? ELEVEN MILES!!! Sweet jenkins! I don't know ouhow the hell I will log 11 miles a day. And if you're thinking "aren't there people who run like 11 miles a day or more?", I'm telling you right now, keep that information to yourself! I don't want to hear it. Seriously. Not really.

One way or another I am going to log 11 miles a day. And I plan to look drop dead gorgeous with an ass that is perfect by the time Dec. 31st hits. That's right, I'm going to be dropping it like it hot ringing in 2013. Especially since I am adding strength training to my fitness plan. I'm about to have an ass like Pam from Martin and arms like Michelle Obama. Yes ma'am!

So the way I am devising this right now in my head is to walk 5 miles by hitting Barnes and Noble. Wal-mart is 2 miles from my home and Barnes and Noble is 2.6 miles. So a trip to and from in the morning will equal over 5 miles for starters. And in the evenings either bike with the boys for 3 miles and then hit the treadmill in my gym for another 3. And every now and then mix things up with roller skating. If I can manage my time wisely, I can probably walk and bike with my youngest while the older two are at school. I'll just have to be realistic while we're in Barnes and Nobles and not get lost in the aisles. Somehow I'll figure this all out.

1 comment: