Yeah, see I don't get all excited about snow and rush outside to build snowmen. Or make snow cream (I refuse to make that stuff) or run outside to sled. And all that other jazz. Nope. Not me. The snow to me is simply snow. The stuff that comes out of the sky when the weather is right for it. Yes, I let the boys play in it, etc. But it's just not a big deal to me. This week when they canceled school for the boys, I was okay with it. A lot of my friends, understandably so, we're going bat shit crazy over the school being canceled day after day. I'm guessing that's rare for this area. I, on the other hand, was cool. It didn't really phase me. 1) I was sick and didn't care to be outside getting them to and from school. 2) I didn't want to get out of bed, instead I wanted to sleep in. 3) I wanted them home so that I didn't have to leave the comfort of my bed. LOL
So the boys were home all week. Fine. The icy situation also caused my school to close on Wednesday. Which meant I couldn't go to government class. No big deal. I'm no fan of government. It's a requirement so I deal with it. No problem. But now, they've done it. They've pissed me off. School is canceled until Monday for me. MONDAY!!!!! This means no Saturday class for History. I am absolutely livid!!! Are you kidding me?!?! I want my HISTORY CLASS!!!! It's not fair!! We just started on the US West and how Hollywood messes it all up. And how Chinese immigrants are the reason the "west was won". And how white "settlers" through Manifest Destiny ruined the lives of Native Americans. Yeah, I said it. Don't worry, it's not meant to be mean or to construe racism. I don't have white people or any ethnicity. It's said in truth. Think I'm lying? Look it up. Facts don't lie. We were just getting to the GOOD stuff and now this?!?!
I love school, especially my History class. I'm so bummed.
Stupid weather
Friday, February 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment