Tuesday, September 30, 2014

In Other News: How to Tell Your Kindergartner Their Pencils Kind of Look Like ...

This is why kids in Kindergarten shouldn't have homework. My youngest son is working on math for homework. Today's problem: If you have six (6) pencils and you give four (4) to your friend, how many pencils do you have left? Draw your answer. We were doing great until it came time to draw the pencils....

Poor kiddo, I made him redraw his pencils about 3 or 4 times before finally giving up and doing it myself and letting him color it in. It's not that they looked like male genitals, it's that they looked EXACTLY like male genitals. Yep. Six of them.

So what do you say in this situation: Sorry son, but your pencils look like some dude's junk?

Well, I very tactfully (I hope it was tactfully) kept encouraging him to draw the shaft (is that even what you call the length of a pencil?!) thinner and not so fat and to not draw the eraser so big...or to put the line that separate the shaft(?) part from the eraser in the middle so that it doesn't look like two erasers (or you know, like testicles...).

The good news though is he didn't make the connection at all. So it really just means I'm becoming a dirty old lady...or a 15 year old boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment